May issue

May issue
May issue

Tuesday, 8 February 2011

A treat we can share?

Isn't it such a shame that we find chocolate so fantastic, but that it's so deadly for dogs?
I know some clever folk have managed to take out the hard to pronounce ingredient that is really bad for dogs but I've always wondered how do they extract it and if they can do it, why don't all chocolatiers take it out of our chocolate, too!
Does theo-what-its-name do anything to us? Do we like the taste or the reaction it causes? Would we miss it if it wasn't there?
Could I eat doggie chocolate? I do like to share things with my dog and this maybe the solution!
Charlotte Lasky, London

Anne Holt, Armitage Pet Care, says:
Good Boy Choc is the safe choc for dogs as none of our recipes contain cocoa - the ingredient in human chocolate which is poisonous to dogs.
Cocoa contains theobromine, a naturally occurring chemical, which although perfectly safe for us humans, is poisonous to dogs and if eaten can cause diarrhoea, restlessness, nausea and vomiting. Serious cases can be fatal.
Just like us, dogs enjoy a sweet treat and Good Boy Choc is completely safe for dogs to eat. It is enjoyed by dogs worldwide with 32 choc drops consumed every second.
For more information about our range of yummy Easter chocolate treats go to

No comments:

Post a Comment