May issue

May issue
May issue

Monday 8 April 2013

A case in joint

Hi,

I own an eight-year-old Toy Poodle who trains hard and competes at both agility and canine freestyle and has done since he was 18 months. He has never substained an obvious injury but this past year has been showing stiffness in his joints after training. This is usually in the evening and with a rest he seems fine by the morning.

I was wondering if anyone could reccomend a supplement for him as he is not currently on anything. Or do any of your readers have experience of other techniques helping, such as physio? I'd be grateful for any feedback.

Thank you.

Ruth Harris, Norfolk

1 comment:

  1. I would highly recommend you look at Galen Therapy Centre www.caninetherapy.co.uk They have myotherapists who can work on the muscular skeletal system of your dog but they also run courses where you can learn canine massage youself. I went in 2007 when my dog had a hip issue and saw remarkable results in dogs. They will also show you how to massage your dog before and after agility so that the muscles are ready for exercise. I'm not linked to this company in any way - I just know that this really works!

    ReplyDelete