May issue

May issue
May issue

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Mysterious callers

Morning!

Just thought I’d let you know about an odd incident which happened yesterday in case this has happened to anyone else or is part of a bigger picture.

Three young girls knocked on our door and asked if they could take our dog for a walk. We know many families in the neighbourhood but these three were unknown to us. The eldest looked about 12.

Either this was a genuine enquiry (though you wonder why a responsible parent would allow their children responsibility for a very large boisterous retriever which they probably couldn’t control and didn’t know) or it was an attempt at dognapping. Was there a man in a van waiting round the corner?

Naturally we declined but this has made us uncomfortable.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Kind Regards

Pam Camilleri, Cambs

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - yes this would worry me too. I wouldn't let my dogs be walked by children however - whether I knew them or not - as I would never forgive myself if an accident occured.Dognapping seems to be the new route to easy money by some despicable people - every week we hear of more incidents reported in the media. Cruella DeVille seems to be alive and thriving :-(

    ReplyDelete