May issue

May issue
May issue

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Insurance policy?

I have a nine-year-old Beagle, who is insured with Direct Line...she has recently had an op to remove a large lump from her back leg and a smaller lump from her right side...unfortunately we got the news that the large lump on her leg was actually a very advanced mast cell tumour, and although they removed all they could see, her condition is terminal.

My vets did a direct claim with Direct Line (as the usually do) and Direct Line has decided they are going to charge me 2 separate excess fees (£80 each), as they pay our per condition, and as each lump is a different type, this classes as 2 different conditions.
Has anyone else heard about this? I have spoken to several different people at 
Direct Line  but just keep being told it is policy, and to pay the difference to my vets immediately.

I just presumed that as it was one procedure to remove unidentified lumps it would all count as one claim?!

I'd be grateful for anyone elses input!

Claire Ruston, via Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment