May issue

May issue
May issue

Wednesday 17 March 2010

I don't want to sound paranoid, but...

I have a beautiful, gentle Bull Terrier cross and I just live in fear of her being stolen and used for dog fighting.
I have a part time job and I have to leave her for three hours a couple of times a week but I find I am constantly fretting about someone breaking in and taking her.
What can do to keep my fears in check?
How about a webcam? Or a tracking device?
Any ideas?
Charlotte Holmes, London

The Retrieva collar should help you relax. I've been trialling them on Oscar and Tess and they are remarkably simple to use and a huge comfort. I've not needed to use one in panic yet, but just knowing they are there reduces my blood pressure!
You can set a predetermined area that you'd expect your dog to stay inside while you're out, should she set foot outside that zone you'll receive a text alert. Plus you could check her position at any time you're having a worry via a mobile phone or on a computer with Google earth. 
The collars can be locked on to your dog with a key so that if your dog was lost or stolen the technology would act like a tracker in a car so you'd have an accurate idea of where to search. T
The collars are very hard to remove without the key and will automatically send you a text alert should someone try to tamper with them.  Someone taking a dog in a rush would be unlikely to expect a dog to be wearing a tracker or if they did have the time to remove it. The collar, which is remarkably light considering the technology it carries, might be mistaken for a collar used with an electric fence by the uninitiated.
Here's the Retrieva website for more information.
Do hope it helps!
Beverley Cuddy, Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment