May issue

May issue
May issue

Friday 23 August 2013

Getting shot of a cough

Has anyone ever had any problems with their dogs after vaccinations?

My rescue Staffie always got a terrible cough every time he had his vacs and was quite poorly so I now get him tested to see if he needs them and to see if they were linked. So far he hasn't and he hasn’t coughed at all and has been healthier than when he was getting vaccinations annually.

I've done the same with my Labrador but I wanted to take him to training/activity clubs for more stimulation and no training school would accept the vets report stating tests had been done and he was fine so I had him vaccinated and he now has a cough.

I have done some research and understand they can react after the vacs but I'm interested to know if anyone else has experienced the same problem as two separate vets are saying they've never heard of that kind of side effect.

Helen Gordon, via Facebook

2 comments:

  1. My dog, 5 year old whippet/greyhound developed a cough after her Kennel cough vaccine and was unwell for nearly a week. My vet said it was very rare to get ill from the vaccine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I RUN A BOARDING KENNELS AND OUT OF HUNDREDS OF DOGS I HAVE SEEN JUST 2 DEVELOP A MILD COUGH AFTER THE VACCINE.

    ReplyDelete