May issue

May issue
May issue

Saturday 9 January 2010

Rations running low

I have been feeding my dog raw for about a year now, buying my supplies from a pet shop every couple of weeks. Unfortunately my supplies have run out and I'm unable to drive the 10 miles to my supplier, as I can't even get my car off the drive for the snow and ice. I'm very lucky in that I have a small supermarket within a few minutes' walk, so none of us will starve! But of course I can't buy actual raw dog mince with ground bone. I have bought minced lamb and beef, and Max is very happy indeed to eat this, but I'm worried because it won't have the calcium he needs. Please don't suggest I give him chicken wings or bones, I'm just not happy to do this, but I really don't want to take him off raw, especially as the range of prepared foods at the supermarket is very limited. Is it ok to just feed human mince until the weather improves?
Darren Holmes, Ash, Surrey

Also posted on our feeding blog - click here

No comments:

Post a Comment