May issue

May issue
May issue

Monday 4 March 2013

Food for thought


Each day we seem to hear another supermarket has taken food off its shelves as its products contain horse, and now today a council has announced a local school has been serving food to children with traces of horse in the meals.

How do we know we’re not eating dog? Is this kind of thing checked? Before this scandal I would have assumed that all meat was tested at some point.

Thanking you in advance.

Tessa Knox, by email

1 comment:

  1. I would guess that depends on your food supplier. Some are more careful than others, some just care about profit.

    The lesson I've taken from this fiasco is: choose your supermarket with care. I had already and I can say with certainty I've not eaten wrongly labelled horse meat.

    ReplyDelete