May issue

May issue
May issue

Sunday 29 April 2012

Work placement in Leicestershire needed!

My name is Sophie, I'm 18 years old and I live in Leicestershire, close to Loughborough and Coalville. I have spent the past 2 years studying a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal Management at Brooksby Melton College. I have covered modules such as Animal Nursing, Nutrition, Dog Grooming, Animal Welfare, Animal Behaviour, Breeding and Genetics, Microbiology, Anatomy and Physiology. I am completing the course with the highest grade achievable, this is due to my
strong determination that this is all I want to do with my life and my hard work to ensure I never miss a lesson. I have experience mainly in Boarding Kennels, I have been working in them for around 4 years. I love the contact with all different kinds of dogs, I feel that one of the best parts of the job also involves dealing with the customers who are worried about leaving their dogs. I love settling the dogs in and then being able to tell the owners all the things that their dogs got up to whilst they were gone and sharing with the owners what a lovely dog they have. However, I would enjoy a placement elsewhere with Dogs or other animals as I have spent time at Brooksby College working with a wide variety of animals from exotic species, to farm stock. At this time I am looking for a placement where I could carry out a higher education apprenticeship or a job either full time or part time where I could study at home whilst working. At the moment I do not have my own transport but am able to travel either by public transport or by my parents, however, this could change very soon. I have excellent references and am hoping to either study a higher education general animal course, or a specific Dog psychology or grooming course. However, this would depend on the line of work I was in. I am eager to learn and very driven to be successful, I just need some help along the way. Thank you 



If you can offer Sophie a work placement can you email beverley@dogstodaymagazine.co.uk and we will forward them on to her

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sophie

    Dogs Trust are opening a new centre in Loughborough soon. It might be worth getting in touch to see if they would be able to help you while you are helping them.

    Olwen Turns
    MAPDT 1093
    www.olwenturns.co.uk

    ReplyDelete